Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Cut-Throat's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2005
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

    Is anyone aware of someone that provides a service of designing and building Altec Cabinets for the new Altec drivers being sold by Great Plains Audio?

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

    Hey Cut-Throat


    You could always take the plans to your local cabinet builder.....



    -chris

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

    My son, Seth, works for a professional cabinet shop. He also has his own equipment at his shop at home. He is interested in building cabinets, knocked-down kits, or both for Altec-style speakers. I have many years of experience building and teaching cabinetmakers to build Altec-style speaker cabinets. My son is interested in learning how...

    If interested, contact me and we'll see what we can do for you...
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd W. White View Post
    My son, Seth, works for a professional cabinet shop. He also has his own equipment at his shop at home. He is interested in building cabinets, knocked-down kits, or both for Altec-style speakers. I have many years of experience building and teaching cabinetmakers to build Altec-style speaker cabinets. My son is interested in learning how...

    If interested, contact me and we'll see what we can do for you...

    Know of an Australian based person who can perform such miracles???? I really want to get started on my Stonehenge V's.

    Longshot Q I know, if I ever find someone I'll post here.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member SOOTSHE's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2006
    Location
    Sunshine Coast, Australia
    Posts
    276
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Smile Re: Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

    I know a great cabinet maker who could build you anything you wanted but you'd need to supply the plans for him. He is located on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland.
    He built me a set of Klipsch La Scala's (magnificent) & a set of Model 19 clones.
    Regards,
    John

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

    See? Not such a long shot Q after all! =)

    Ain't the interweb great?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Cut-Throat's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2005
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

    Quote Originally Posted by oface1 View Post
    Hey Cut-Throat


    You could always take the plans to your local cabinet builder.....



    -chris
    I would be interested in someone that could develop some plans for a custom Cabinet based on the t/s parameters of the Driver.

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner Todd W. White's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 5th, 2002
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

    Re: Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

    I can do that for you - need to know:

    1. Which speaker are you talking about?
    2. Performance characteristics required?
    3. What type of enclosure shape are you able to accommodate?
    4. Preferred wood and finish type?
    5. Budget?
    Todd W. White, Owner & Webmaster
    Altec Lansing's (unofficial) Homepage

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Cut-Throat's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2005
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd W. White View Post
    I can do that for you - need to know:

    1. Which speaker are you talking about?
    2. Performance characteristics required?
    3. What type of enclosure shape are you able to accommodate?
    4. Preferred wood and finish type?
    5. Budget?
    Thanks, I'll send you a PM

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Service for Designing and Building Altec Cabinets....

    Cut Throat,

    You can also look for Jay Fisher, I know GM and him discussed this a few years ago.. His design was a ~10^ft MLTL if I recall.

    You can also ask around the AA H.E. forum too.

    I have a few copies based on the 604 driver, one I do not have permission to give away, but you can ask Todd for them......


    Good luck,



    -chris

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.